Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ohhhhh Bananas!!!



I noticed a few bananas on the kitchen counter Friday when I grabbed the bread for lunch. They were definately past ripe. Normally I would probably just toss them out but I'm an avid couponer and love to save money so just throwing away something seemed wrong. We decided we would make some banana bread. Something I've never done, but I love to bake so figured it would be easy. I found the following recipe and it turned out great. One note from my husband is that I need to make sure to COMPLETELY mash up the bananas. I'm not a banana bread fan so I had no clue???

2 cups Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/3 cups mashed bananas (I just used the 4 bananas I had)

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
In a seperate bowl cream together butter and brown sugar.
Stir in eggs and mashed bananas.
Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture.
Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
Bake for 60 minutes.

The boys had fun and I didn't waste the bananas. All in all it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment