Friday, December 24, 2010

How Much Fun it REALLY is to Take 8 Toddlers Outside to Play in the Snow

Really, I do love my job most of the time, but getting 8 kids dressed for Iowa winters really sucks! Picture 8 boys (yes all boys, I have 1 baby girl) trying to be the first one with all of their gear on. It's either a machine that really needs oiled, or just a circus plain and simple. If you do the math, that is 8 pairs of snow pants, 8 coats, 8 hats, 16 mittens, 16 boots and a whole lotta patience. We have gotten a pretty good system down, but seriously it takes 20 plus minutes to get it done. And some parents seem to wonder why we don't go out everyday. Well first of all, sometimes it's just to cold in my opinion. And second of all, sometimes I just don't want to deal with it. We always go out with fresh snow, but otherwise it's hit and miss. Then once we're out we do have fun, until the first kids start wanting to go in. I will try to take a picture of the mess that I have after they all get undressed from their snow stuff and all of the snow they bring in with them. My poor shower curtain can barely hold all the wet coats, snow pants and gloves and hats. I usually give them hot cocoa and snack just so I can hang it all up and wipe up the wet puddle inside the door.. I will say for as much of a chore it is to go out, they definitely need the fresh air and exercise. I'm just not sure I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment